United Nations (2015) suggests 17 fields of work for achieving of global sustainable development (SDG2030) with the aim of achieving them globally in 2030, from which SDG5 focus on gender equality and women empowerment.
SDG5 G Gender equality and women empowerment goal includes the following targets:
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation
- Eliminate all harmful practices, such as child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation
- Recognize and value unpaid care and domestic work through the provision of public services, infrastructure and social protection policies and the promotion of shared responsibility within the household and the family as nationally appropriate
- Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decisionmaking in political, economic and public life
- Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences
- Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws
- Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women
- Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels
The Matrix-Q Research Institute applies its body of knowledge, tools and skills for the purpose of contributing with SDG5 achievement by providing support on the enhancement of human and projects effectiveness.
Our approach is non intrusive, family and parenting oriented, aiming for family-life-work balance by acknowledging culture values and skills, we intent to suggest alternative methodologies, models, tools, skills, holistic, systemic and strategic knowledge and innovative solutions, that will help us achieve globally SDG5 goal and targets.